Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The museum, a sketch, and (untitled).


Above is a photograph I took during my trip to the Getty Museum. She's one of my favorites in the terra cotta room. I didn't manage to get a shot of her from the front that I'm pleased with, but I did like this picture. Although I've know for a while that it's okay to take pictures of art the museum owns sans flash; I've prior to this been to shy to whip out my camera and shoot. I'm not the best photographer, but I did manage to get a few that I liked from the trip.

I also saw the movie (untitled), it's about a pair of brothers who are both entwined with a contemporary art gallery owner. One brother is a composer of very unusual music and the other is a commercially successful painter. The gallery owner showcases very different art. I'm not describing the movie well at all, but it was an entertaining film.

I actually did almost finish a painting today, but I'm not quite ready to photograph it. For the moment, here is a quick partial sketch of the father of the Laocoon Group sculpture:

No comments: