Thursday, September 22, 2011

H.P. Lovecraft Festival, my new website, & sketches...


It has been a while since I've felt like posting, I've been spending most of my online time focusing on getting my website up. If you'd like to take a peek it's at http://www.lisarusso.com

In my last post, I promised a return to sketching. I did in fact start sketching again, but became very behind in scanning and posting... I think it's time for another fresh start, fresh start number 7 perhaps? I'm not certain, I haven't been counting. I'm also not certain when I'll start up again, but I hope it will be soon. Also, I think the goal this time will be 100 faces in approximately 100 days. 365 just seems a bit too far out there for me right now...

Last weekend I had the opportunity to visit the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in San Pedro, CA at the Warner Grand Theater. The image above is of a statue of H.P.L. with a bit of Cthulu-esque action happening at the side. I was able to see some fantastic Lovecraft inspired shorts while I was there as well as a short inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven. I took some other pictures while I was there, some of which I intend to share in other posts.

No comments: