Friday, August 31, 2012

Completed Wonder Woman Painting to Donate




I finished my Wonder Woman painting!  It is titled "Strength and Beauty" and is an 8"x10" acrylic painting on canvas panel.  There's an in progress shot of her a few posts down.  This is my first Super Hero, but I knew I had to make the attempt when I saw what the cause was.  All proceeds from the show will go to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Association to fund treatment and research.

The show information is:
TRUE HEROES - ART BENEFIT SHOW
Public Event · By Jim Lujan, Annie Ortega and Leann Lujan

Saturday, September 8, 2012
5:00pm until 10:00pm
EVE Gallery 280 W. Second St., CA 91766 (909) 638-1058
September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness month...these kids are the TRUE HEROES!

To see the events page, please visit:
https://www.facebook.com/events/475576692452562/

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

27 comments:

Danica Bridges-Martin said...

What a gift, I'd love to be able to paint! :) Danica

NatashaMay said...

Oh, she is simply brilliant! Love her! :)

Anns Art said...

A super painting for a super hero...Lisa, this is a brilliant painting.

Laura Moore said...

What a fabulous tribute painting and cause.

Tracey Fletcher King said...

Great painting and sure someone will be thrilled to receive it... I hope it helps to raise plenty of money for the cause...xx

Susan said...

She's fab! With such a tribute in mind, how could she be anything but? I hope she raises lots of money. Happy PPF

WrightStuff said...

She's great. I've got the theme song running around my head now! (shows my age!)

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Awesome! Wonderful and so well done ~ and contribution ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Miss Val's Creations said...

She came out gorgeous!!!! Beautiful work!

Carolyn Dube said...

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid. You've captured her power and grace in your painting!

Netty said...

The end results are terrific. Happy PPF, Annette x

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a great cause and an amazing painting! Love your interpretation of Wonder Woman! Her hair and eyes are the best!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Marji {RainCityGirl} said...

Love your Wonder Woman!! Girl power all the way. Great work. Happy PPF

Nora Clemens said...

Beautiful wonder woman. She is absolutely gorgeous!

Camille said...

Pretty!! I bet my husband would love that lol.

Magic Love Crow said...

She is beautiful! I hope she makes lots of money for the charity!!!

Alicia C said...

what a great cause!! fun painting too, love the big eyes!

Karen Smithey said...

I love your Wonder Woman! She made me smile--

Now my littlest and I are going to watch the baby hedgehog...

Ayala Art said...

You made her so cute! I hope it goes for a lot $$ good luck!

Natasha said...

Wow! She is fabulous. I hope she sells well for the charity.

denthe said...

They'll be really happy with it! she's beautiful.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Fabulous Painting!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks, I'm blushing... I try to do the best I'm capable of with my paintings, but this cause is such a good one, I really hoped to do a piece that will do well for them.

Daniele Valois said...

very cool!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Thanks Daniele!

JKW said...

Bright eyed and an extremely strong super(her)o. Blessings, Janet PPF

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Thank you JKW!