Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Original Big Eye Gothic Mermaid with Angelfish Painting! Art Prints & ACEO Prints! 'Interlude' Exhibit by Audrey Kawasaki at the Thinkspace Gallery (Closed Show) Part I...



"Teacher's Pets" Original 16"x20" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Teacher's Pets," an original painting of a big eye mermaid with her angelfish friends. She has huge sweet grey eyes and long flowing mermaid hair. The piece has a surreal lowbrow fantasy feel. I love mermaids so...  The original painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is mermaids and mermaid friends, you may see them here.

Featured Image "Teacher's Pets"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

================================================

'Interlude' Exhibit by Audrey Kawasaki at the Thinkspace Gallery (Closed Show) Part I

Audrey Kawasaki is one of my favorite artists, her faces and hands are exquisite.  She works predominately in oils on wood.  These pieces are from her solo show 'Interlude' at the Thinkspace Gallery.  There's some very tasteful artistic nudity in some of her pieces, for my post I've chosen to crop those paintings to feature her faces.  The show is closed, she has another one up for a little while longer at KP Projects that I'm hoping to go see before it closes, but if I do manage it, it will be near the very end and I will also be sharing it eventually as a closed show as well... 

Edit:  Part II is here.

Me (Lisa Isabella Russo) with She's with Me by Audrey Kawasaki, photo by Alex Ledante

Nocturne by Audrey Kawasaki

Nocturne Close Up by Audrey Kawasaki

As I Fall by Audrey Kawasaki

As I Fall Close Up by Audrey Kawasaki

She's with Me by Audrey Kawasaki

Enchantress Close Up by Audrey Kawasaki

Rhapsody Close Up by Audrey Kawasaki

With or Without Close Up by Audrey Kawasaki

Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches tomorrow.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Your mermaid painting is exquisite. Lovely exhibit paintings by Audrey, thanks for sharing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your 'teacher's pets' painting is fabulous, you have achieved so much depth. The paintings of Audrey Kawasaki are wonderful, they remind me of Art Nouveau pieces. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

I saw this art of yours on FB. Love the hair and lips. Audrey's art is quite haunting and I really love that.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie, and Nicole!

Jennifer Rose said...

looks like a nice show to go see :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is beautiful Lisa! I love the colours!!!
The art pieces from the exhibit are stunning!! Love them!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer and Stacy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colours in your painting ...

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Jan!