Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Original Sakura Cherry Blossoms Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! March Sketches...


****Edit 3/20/18 It looks like I'll be out of town for one more week.  Alex will be holding down the fort while I'm gone and I'll try to check in when possible, but there may be some delays due to my trip.  Ah the sketches to scan in upon my return are stacking up...  I hope you are having a beautiful first day of spring!****



"Sakura Ni" Original 5"x7" Painting on Panel Here

This week my featured painting is "Sakura Ni".  These cherry blossoms are pink and white.  These flowers have such a delicate beauty, seeing them brings me joy as does painting them...  It is the second in this series.  The art has a soft realist impressionist feel.  The original floral painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is maidens with flowers; you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

====================================================

March 9-13 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to be a little wary...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is from day 9. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a dahlia flower and bud.  They have a simple beauty...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 10.

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a gentle sweetness...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is from day 11. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a black eyed susan flower.  I think it has a lovely charm...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 12.  

This is a rough sketch.  


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a shy quality, gently peeking out at the world...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is day 13. 

This is a rough sketch. 

9 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful cherry blossoms, just exquisite and lovely sketches today. Enjoy your trip.

Valerie-Jael said...

I adore your cherry blossoms. Great sketches, too. Enjoy your time out of town. Hugs, Valerie

Jennifer Rose said...

hope you enjoy your time away :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Those cherry blossoms are so beautiful.
Enjoyed seeing your sketches.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

All the best Jan

Ivana Mihalić said...

This is really lovely, I hope you enjoy! Your blog is wonderful and I am your new follower now, hope you will follow me back so that we stay in touch. :)

What's up, Ivy?

DVArtist said...

I hope this is a fun trip. Your flowers are just gorgeous. I love all of your sketches too.

Magic Love Crow said...

Enjoy your time away Lisa!! I hope this is for fun!! Gorgeous flowers and I truly love all your sketches! You are so talented! Big Hugs!

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, que a viagem seja conforme o seu desejo, sua arte é simplesmente fantastica, julgo que a promove, se faz, faz muito bem, mas não se limite entre fronteiras.
Feliz semana,
AG

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words! I'm very glad to be back.