Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Happy Fairytale Day Wishes from the Little Mermaid! WIP Little Red Ridinghood Work in Progress...


Happy Fairytale Day Wishes from this big eye redheaded mermaid and from me at lisabellarusso.com!


"The Little Mermaid" Original 11"x14" Painting, Open Edition 8"x10" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints Here

I love fairytales!  Here is one of my paintings inspired by the Little Mermaid (I also love mermaids).  She has two seahorse friends and is part of my ongoing fairy tale series.
====================================================

WIP Little Red Ridinghood Work in Progress


In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye little red riding hood I've mostly finished her underpainting.  Fairytales hold a strong allure for me.  In this piece, I'm focused on her face.  I've completed her hair and have started work on the overpainting of her hood and ribbon.  Next will come some final shading and highlights for her eyes. 

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" panel in acrylics... 



This is a work in progress, but you also may see some of my finished paintings at lisabellarusso.com if you'd like.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful mermaid and the WIP is looking good.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art as always, happy Fairytale day to you, too! Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

I love your art. It is stunning.

Lowcarb team member said...

Belated Happy Fairy-tale Day.
Always enjoy seeing your art.

All the best Jan

PS Happy March Wishes

DVArtist said...

I don't know how I missed this post. I am always so impressed with your art. You have such a talent.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much, I'll try to visit tomorrow!