Friday, August 14, 2020

Rough Sketch of a Big Eye Dia de los Muertos Day of the Dead Maiden/ Art Sketches Daily...

 




It probably seems a bit early for Dia de los Muertos/Day of the Dead; however, I am participating in the Ontario Museum of Art show and for me the deadline seems looming.  I'm a bit slow, so aways we go...  

The theme this year is Journey of the Butterflies.  This is a rough sketch of one of the paintings that I will be doing.  My maiden will have a crown of skulls with monarch butterflies atop the skulls.  I will also be doing a smaller piece with just a skull and a butterfly or two.  I have not yet decided if she will have the traditional makeup or not or if the tiny skulls atop her head will be adorned or not and this sketch of her needs improvement as well, so, oh so many decisions ahead before I start the paintings themselves...  Here is my starting point for this one though.  



Most of my art is also available on my website at lisabellarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is mermaid art plus some more; you may see them here.

6 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love it so much

Christine said...

Sweet sketch!

DVArtist said...

You know how much I love this and I want that crown. I would wear it too. So glad you are doing a show.

Valerie-Jael said...

The sketch is fabulous, and I am looking forward to seeing more. Have a great weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good sketch ...

Take care, stay safe and well.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly!