Sunday, October 25, 2020

WIP Work in Progress Calavera Big Eye Maiden with Skulls & Monarch Butterflies for DÍA DE LOS MUERTOS: JOURNEY OF THE BUTTERFLIES Day of the Dead Show at the Ontario Museum of Art

 


In this original wip work in progress acrylic painting of a big eyed calavera maiden with a crown of skull and monarch butterflies I have finished her background and most of her.  I have yet to complete the skulls, the butterflies, or the highlights in her eyes.  The panel that I'm painting on is 16"x20"  



This is a work in progress, but I also post finished pieces here as well if you'd like to come to visit!  Most of my art is also available on my website at lisabellarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is Halloween and Dia de los Muertos/Day of the Dead art plus some more; you may see them here.


5 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful WIP!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, looking forward to seeing more, hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

You are just so talented. I would wear skulls in my hair. LOL Have a great day.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice looking piece.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much!