Sunday, August 30, 2026

The Lily Lurker

 


I’ve been taking a quiet little break from social media, but before #Frogust comes to an end, I wanted to introduce you to "The Lily Lurker" from The Huntington Hollows series! 🐸🌸✨


He is a round oil painting on 4.5" paper, presented in an 8" round ornate metal frame that gives him the magical feel of a vintage keepsake.


Could this tiny frog be a prince? This petal peeper looks a bit grumpy at being discovered hiding right in the heart of the water lily—so I'm not entirely sure he’d let you steal a kiss to find out!


His eyes feature a warm golden glimmer that echoes subtly throughout the painting. The surrounding water lily was directly inspired by a photograph I took during one of my peaceful strolls through the Huntington Gardens.


✨ "The Lily Lurker" is currently available. Please send a DM if you are interested in welcoming this tiny nymph of the nymphaea into your collection! 💚


3 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Oh, this is so creative and adorable, Lisabella!

Christine said...

Lovely

MELODY JACOB said...

I absolutely love the little personality you have given this frog because he genuinely looks like he has been caught hiding somewhere he was not supposed to be. The idea of finding him tucked right in the middle of a water lily makes the painting feel like one of those tiny scenes you could easily miss while walking through a garden, which makes the connection to your own photograph from Huntington Gardens even more special. I also love the golden detail in his eyes, especially against all that softness around the lily. There is something very charming about artwork that makes you stop and imagine a whole little story behind the subject, and I can already picture this one sitting somewhere and becoming a conversation piece. I have shared a new post on my blog too, so I hope you will come over for a visit when you get the chance.