Friday, April 16, 2010

American Stories at LACMA and the good, the bad, and the not so pretty...

Today I returned to LACMA to see American Stories, I'm so glad I did. There was an abundance of luscious art. Being able to see pieces in person that I've prior to only seen in books is such a treat. It is also quite nice to see art that I've never seen before. I was completely taken in by a painting by an artist named Thomas Wilmer Dewing. I am completely unfamiliar with him, but I intend to look him up.

I have some sketches; some good, some bad, and some not so pretty. It is my intention to share some sketches that I do even if they are not always my best work. Some days are better then other days. What they are is a slice of my day. I thought I had finished a painting I started quite a while ago, but when I came home and viewed it with fresh eyes, I noticed some touching up that I need to do. As such, I will likely be able to share it the next time I post. Anyway, here are the sketches...

Friday... a California poppy

Saturday... bonus

Sunday... bonus

Monday...

Tuesday...

Wednesday...

Thursday...

Friday...

No comments: