Friday, November 25, 2011

First work in progress post of my rose painting Pink Ribbons...



This is the start of an original 18"x24" painting of a pink rose currently titled Pink Ribbons. I will post two more work in progress shots and then the final image. The painting took me a bit over a week. I'm not posting daily shots because sometimes one day involves simply going over the same bit until I'm reasonably happy with it, but it doesn't make for much of a difference in a photograph!

You'll notice on this one that the light is shining through, this is because I have my easel on the "wrong" side of the studio. It means I often have to stick board behind the painting so that the light doesn't shine through while I'm painting; but, it also means it's easy for me to look outside the windows to rest my eyes on occasion and see the world outside and the occasional birds or cats that come by whilst I'm painting...

No comments: