Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Photograph of a Purple Round Dr. Suess Flowers at Descanso Gardens...



I took this photograph of three purple flowers being visited by bees at Descanso Gardens.  I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, it's similar to garlic flowers but not quite a match; it reminds of flowers that Dr. Suess would illustrate.  I've been focused on trying to get my home decent for inspectors/repair people to come so my paintings in progress are waiting patiently for me...

Edit: It turns out my mystery flowers are Alliums, thank you Rebecca and Descanso Gardens twitter!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Such gorgeous blooms..magnificent and magical! Shine on..
Victoria

Margie said...

Simply gorgeous!
Love it, Lisa.

Out of Sight L said...

A Pom Pom lol I have no idea but they are sweet, do they smell good? Have a great day Lisa Isabella

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful flowers ;o)
I forget the name of them! But, you are right, they do look like garlic flowers ;o)
Are you selling your home? Wish you all the best ;o)
Big Hugs ;o)

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

So wonderful flower! I think we didn't have this kind of flower in my state! I loved the color *-*

Unknown said...

That is a really great find. I guess that is where Dr. Seuss got his inspiration from.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for the sweet words on the flowers!