Friday, October 6, 2017

Day of the Dead Exhibit at the San Juan Capistrano Library + October Sketches, Sketch 5 & 6, Big Eye Mermaid & Angel...


Here is one of my three paintings included in the Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead Exhibit photographed by Skye Amber Sweet, she is an artist and the curator of this show.  Exhibit details are below.

San Juan Capistrano Library 
31495 El Camino Real|
Library 949-493-1752 

The festival exhibit will run until 11/30  
Gallery / Library hours to view art outside reception date is as followed:
Monday-Thursday 10:00a - 7:00p
Saturday-Sunday 9:00a - 5:00p 
Fridays- CLOSED

The date of our Day of the Dead event and reception is Saturday, 11/4.  The exhibit and festival will include Aztec dancers, free face painting, ballet folklorico, mariachis, sugar skull making along with other crafts, poetry, and possibly live painting.  The bulk of that entertainment will be between 1:00p - 3:00p.  

Alex Ledante also has works in the show and we will strive to be at the reception.  Please coordinate with us if you'd like to meet there...

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

=====================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is glancing sweetly backwards...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 5. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 35. 

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is gazing upwards...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is day 6. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 36. 

This is a rough sketch. 

18 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

that event sounds like a great time! :) congrats for getting 3 pieces in it :)

Christine said...

Beautiful painting and lovely maidens today! Enjoy the show.

Gillena Cox said...

Very nice pieces today Isabelle Happy Ppf

Much love...

Linda Kunsman said...

Hooray for you!! Lovely painting and wips are promising as always. Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful painting, congrats on being chosen for the show. Great sketches, too. Have fun! Hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Super painting and drawings

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, o seu dom a criar a arte é ímpar, seu trabalho encanta, a exposição foi valorizada com o seu belo trabalho.
Feliz fim de semana,
AG

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Lisa, your painting in the exhibition looks stunning! Certainly lots of activities in the festival to enjoy.
I also admire your sketches - their eyes are gorgeous. Cheers, Sue :D)

Susan said...

Congratulations on your paintings in the exhibition. She is wonderful and your sketches give us a nice idea of how she has evolved. Happy PPF

SHON said...

Such a beautiful painting!

Robin said...


Congratulations on being in the exhibit! Sounds like a good one. Love your sketches. I think the first one is an angel, so soft and sweet! Have a wonderful week. Big Hugz, Rasz

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Giggles said...

Oh Lisa they look fabulous hung up and framed!! The wall even compliments her hair pretty!! Great sketches too and good for you doing one a day!! That's a feat!!

Peace Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and considerate words!

DVArtist said...

Another wonderful event that I wish I could go to.

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the exhibition Lisa!!!!
I love your maiden sketches! They are truly wonderful!!!
Big Hugs!

JKW said...

I love both of the sketches. Blessings, Janet PS I love the orchid.

Deepa Gopal said...

Congrats and best wishes for your show!
Both your sketches are beautiful...the first one does have a mermaid look.
Thanks for your visit and kind comment Lisa. :) <3