Friday, October 13, 2017

WIP Big Eye Ghost Art Original Painting Work in Progress + October Sketches, Sketch 11, 12, & 13/ Big Eye Goddess, Angel, & Mermaid...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye ghost, I've blocked in her face.  I've started on her shading, but I still have a ways to go...  She is inspired by an African American folktale.

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.   


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a look of intensity...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 11. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 41. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has wild inspired hair and an expression of sweetness...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is from day 12. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 42. 

This is a rough sketch.  


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a serious expression...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in October. This is day 13. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 43. 

This is a rough sketch. 

15 comments:

Misty said...

Wow look at all these great sketches!!! Very nice!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your WIP is coming along well. Great sketches, very impressive. Hugs, Valerie

SHON said...

A big eye ghost is so cute! And all these sketches are so nice!

carol l mckenna said...

All wonderful creations ~ the first one takes my breath away ~ awesome! ^_^

A ShutterBug Explores ~ aka ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Your WIP is coming along nicely and your maidens today are so beautiful!

Linda Kunsman said...

these faces you create are always so full of spirit. Will especially love seeing the first one completed. happy PPF!

Jennifer Rose said...

from really wild looking to really calm looking :)

Giggles said...

All fabulous sketches but I just love the Gothic maidens bangs sooo much...they are adorable!!

Peace Giggles

Victoria said...

Gorgeous works, so beautiful Lisa! These are all so fabulous...the eyes always call out to me, they speak volumes! wow, you have done a lot of sketches so far...shine on, keep them coming!
Victoria

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Wow! Those eyes! An interesting project, Have a good week.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the eyes in your sketches.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

Wow lots of sketches this week. I am so interested in the first one. Can't wait to see it finished.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi talented Lisa! I love your painting in progress! She is going to look amazing! Your 3 maiden sketches are fantastic! Love their hair and I love their eyes! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!