Friday, January 19, 2018

Diversity and Inclusion: The Influence of African-American Art in Southern California at the Ontario Museum of Art Framed Big Eye Fantasy Angel Ghost Pieces + January Sketches...



Here are my two framed pieces "Orchid Intrigue" and "Moonrise" for the Diversity and Inclusion: The Influence of African-American Art in Southern California Exhibit at the Ontario Museum of Art, I finished them in the nick of time.  The show will run from Thursday January 25th to Sunday February 25th.

The exhibit reception will be on Saturday January 27th from 2 pm to 4 pm.  Alex Ledante also has a show in the piece and we will try to be there. We'll most likely be there at some point near the end, but please contact us to coordinate if you'd like to meet us there.  I"ll try to get some photographs to share from the show when we go.

Location: 225 S Euclid Ave  
                Ontario, CA 91762
Phone: (909) 395-2510
Hours:  Noon to 4 pm  Thursday through Sunday


I didn't get a chance to finish up the kitty this week, but hopefully for next Friday...
I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

================================================


 Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has an enigmatic expression...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January. This is from day 18.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a sweet yet gently sad quality...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January. This day 19. 

This is a rough sketch. 

12 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful pieces for the exhibition and your maiden sketches are lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your two pieces "Orchid Intrigue" and "Moonrise" look great.
I hope you may be able to get some photographs from the show to share ...

Wishing you a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Your two paintings look wonderful, well done on finishing them on time. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the exhibition. Great sketches, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

John R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John R said...

These are all wonderful. Good luck with the exhibition.

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, os trabalhos já em moldura estão maravilhosos, são lindos e estão bem trabalhados, mostram na perfeição a sua arte que deve ser exposta e reconhecida como beleza.
AG

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous portraits Lisa! they are beautifully framed too. Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

I just love these pieces. I am so happy you are showing and hope you sell sell sell.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful comments!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your paintings are magnificent Lisa! Love them! Good luck on the exhibition! Amazing sketches! Big Hugs!

Beth Niquette said...

What beautiful pieces. I hope your wonderful artwork brings joy to many hearts at this exhibition. My best to you and Happy Paint Party Friday!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy and Beth!