Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Photograph of Bird of Paradise Flowers at Huntington Gardens + Sketch of an Amaryllis, Big Eye Angel, & Fairy/ January 15, 16, & 17 Art Sketches Daily...



I took this photograph of these bird of paradise flowers at Huntington Gardens in the winter.  There's less blooming at this time of year, but I thought these were so very lovely.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

================================================


Here is a sketch of an amaryllis flower.  I think they are bold and beautiful...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January.  This is from day 15.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  This delicate beauty is wrapped in a cape and has a garland of leaves...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January. This from day 16. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She is looking upwards with a quixotic smile...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January. This is day 17. 

This is a rough sketch. 

6 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful bird of paradise! Your maidens are lovely as is the amaryllis sketch.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those flowers are just beautiful, a fabulous colour.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

I love those flowers, how wonderful to see them growing. Great sketches, too. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Jennifer Rose said...

great hair on the maidens :)
I really want to grow one of those flowers but its too cold here, maybe once the greenhouse is set up :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a beautiful post! Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous sketches! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jan, Valerie, Jennifer, and Stacy!