Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My Photograph of a Pink Saucer Magnolia Flowers at Huntington Gardens + Sketches of Little Red Riding Hood, Big Eye Mermaid, & Flowers/ February 24-28 / Art Sketch Daily...



I took this photograph of this pink saucer magnolia at Huntington Gardens during my most recent visit.  There was a tree with many blooms close to the ground, I was able to photograph from above.  Solo or with one of my maidens, this flower is very tempting for me to paint.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is inspired by the fairytale little red riding hood.  She is the first of three variations that I will sketch.  When I have completed them, I will decide which one I like the best and move forward towards refining the sketch to paint.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is from day 24. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of some daffodil flowers.  They have such a sweet allure...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is from day 25.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is gently swimming with her hair flowing in the water...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is from day 26. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is inspired by the fairytale little red riding hood.  She is the second of three variations that I will sketch.  When I have completed them, I will decide which one I like the best and move forward towards refining the sketch to paint.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is from day 27. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a summer bouquet.  I was so wrapt in the details, that I neglected to give one a stem, easily remedied enough though...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is day 28.  

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely magnolia photo, you must paint it, ohh! Beautiful maidens and flower sketches too.

Jennifer Rose said...

great flowing hair on the swimming maiden :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your magnolia bloom is perfect, are you going to paint it? Wonderful sketches, too. Hugs, Valerie

Rike said...

Beautiful magnolia photo from above! Your sketches are beautiful too, each one a fine motif to paint!

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flower picture! And, WOW, so many beautiful maiden and flower sketches!! All so gorgeous Lisa!! Is that one suppose to be upside down, while she is swimming?? Cool effect!! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Christine, Jennifer, Valerie, Rike, and Stacy! Yes she is meant to be upside down and swimming...