Thursday, February 22, 2018

Sketch of Rhododendron Flowers, Big Eye Fairy Angel, Amaryllis Flower, & Goddess / February 19-22 / Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of some rhododendron flowers.  The have a beautiful complexity in their petals...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is from day 19.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have a curious nature...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is from day 20. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of an amaryllis flower.  I find their grace so lovely...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is from day 21.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have a gentle compassion...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is day 22. 

This is a rough sketch. 

7 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely sketches Lisa!

Jennifer Rose said...

another set of nice sketches :)

DVArtist said...

I have said it before. You are so busy with art. As for Rhododendrons my town if full of them. We have a Rhody days each year, there are 9 or 10 roads with the same Rhododendron name. You know like Rhodo street, Rhodo drive,Rhodo cricle, Rhodo court, lane, loop, turnout, alley, bay, cove, you get the idea. In fact it is against the law to cut down a Rhododendron bush or tree here. Including on the corner of a street where it blocks your view to make a turn. It is sooooo stupid. So although you drawing is lovely, I really dislike the plant. LOL

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the sketches, the maidens and the flowers are all beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jennifer, Nicole, and Valerie!

I had no idea rhododendrons were so protected where you are Nicole, it seems like it would make sense to trim them if they block visibility...

Magic Love Crow said...

4 sketches Lisa! Girl you never stop! LOL! All are very beautiful! Keep up the great work Lisa! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks Stacy!