Friday, May 18, 2018

WIP Chow Chow Puppy Dog Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketch of a Bloodroot Flower, Big Eye Angel Fairy, & Trumpet Vine / May 16-18 / Art Sketches Daily...



In this original acrylic painting of a chow chow puppy dog, I've been working on the eyes and nose, but they're not quite done.  She needs some more attention to her nose, possibly whiskers, and definitely highlights in her eyes.  However, I'm very close to being done...  The panel that I'm painting on is 5"x7"


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

==============================================

May 16-18 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a bloodroot flower.  For such a dark name it is a lovely flower...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is from day 16.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She fans herself charmingly...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May. This is from day 17. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a trumpet vine flower.  These flowers have a bold allure...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 18.  

This is a rough sketch.

12 comments:

Christine said...

I love the soft colours in your painting. Beautiful sketches today Lisa.

Mia said...

Gorgeous sketches, Lisa. I think you should paint all of them. The girl looks like a fairy to me. And the puppy is fabulous. With just some highlights in the eyes, it will be perfect!!! Kisses, my friend.

JFM said...

So precious is your painting and your sketches are lovely Lisa!!!

Happy PPF 🎨
Hugs ❤

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh Lisa, your little Chow Chow painting is so very appealing ... those eyes!
Your sketches are lovely. Happy PPF :D)

Linda Kunsman said...

your chow chow is really coming to life with a personality all his own. Lovely sketches too. happy PPF!

Beverley Baird said...

Love your chow and your sketches. You've been busy!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your chow-chow is already looking wonderful. Great sketches, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Katie Jeanne said...

Cute little doggie!! :)

Jennifer Rose said...

your dog is looking nice and fluffy :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! Your chow-chow is looking so lovely and fluffy ... really like it.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the eyes on your puppy!! Beautiful!
Gorgeous sketches Lisa! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for your sweet and thoughtful words!