Friday, July 13, 2018

WIP Anemone Flowers Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketches of Big Eye Fantasy Maidens & Flowers / July 7-13 / Art Sketch Daily...



In this original 8"x10" work in progress WIP oil painting of two anemone flowers, I've done some glazing as well as the flower's cores.  I still need to do a bit more glazing in the background, but I am close to completion on this painting.  I photographed my reference for these beauties at Huntington Gardens...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like. 

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

================================================

July 7-July 13 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a dogwood blossom.  They have such a delicate appeal...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 7.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a feeling of strength.  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 8. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a camellia.  I don't feel I quite captured this flower, I may try this one again...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 9.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is inspired by the fairytale little red riding hood.  This is a bonus variation.  I didn't chose this one to refine to paint, but I have chosen one and I am making progress.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 16. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of some rue anemones.  They are such sweet and pretty flowers...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 11.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has long flowing hair...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 12. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a carnation and bud.  I love how long these flowers last...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is day 13. 

This is a rough sketch.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The anemones are gorgeous, so realistic. Wonderful sketches, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Love the purple, and the sketches are beautiful!

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous anemones Lisa!! As always your sketches are wonderful too. Happy PPF!

Anonymous said...

that purple bloom is lovely and beautiful sketches too!

Clare Lloyd said...

Gorgeous colours in that flower

Jennifer Rose said...

very soft and pretty flowers :) and its great you are still sketching so much :)

DVArtist said...

Ohhh wow this is stunning. I love this one so much. Great sketches too.

JKW said...

All the sketches are great. .you have a good selection of faces to choose from. Blessings, Janet

Magic Love Crow said...

Your flower is gorgeous Lisa! I can't believe you have more to do on it!
Stunning sketches!! Wow!! Love Little Red Riding Hood!!
My friend, keep being you, and where ever you are directed with your art, go for it!!!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words!