Friday, July 20, 2018

WIP Peacock Bird Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketches of Big Eye Angels Fairies Maidens & Flowers / July 18-20 / Art Sketch Daily...



In this original acrylic painting of a peacock, I've been working on the feathers.  There are so many feathers!  I've done the edges of the mermaid feathers, next I will add a bit of iridescent details to them...  I'll eventually do highlights with the gold leafing paint near the very end of the painting.  The canvas that I'm painting on is 11"x14" 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

==============================================

July 18-20 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a quiet hopefulness...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is from day 18. 

This is a rough sketch.  


Here is a sketch of marigold.  I don't feel I've quite captured it, I may try again...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July.  This is from day 19.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a darling hat...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in July. This is day 20. 

This is a rough sketch.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I so admire your patience in painting those gorgeous feathers. Lovely sketches, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

I agree with Valerie- that takes a lot of patience going thru so many steps and layers but it is going to be so worth it in the end! Happy PPF!

Gillena Cox said...

Nice sketches. Happy you dropped by my blog today

Much💐love

Anonymous said...

the attention to detail,, beautiful! Such a beautiful job you do!

JFM said...

You have the patience that I lack. Those feathers are beautiful! Such detail!
Your sketches are so amazing. Someday I will practice more sketches...maybe~

Happy PPF

Christine said...

Such great work on the feathers! The sketches are beautiful too!

DVArtist said...

Wow the feathers are excellent. I love the sketches too especially the flower. Have a great weekend.

Jennifer Rose said...

you are doing great with all those feathers :D

Clare Lloyd said...

Super sketches

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love your WIP Peacock and your sketches are amazing.
Thank you for sharing and Happy PPF Tracey

Lowcarb team member said...

Very good work on the feathers, and always good to see your sketches.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Your peacock painting is coming amazing Lisa! Love it! Gorgeous sketches! Love the girl with the hat! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks so very much! The peacock is coming along slowly but surely...