Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Sketch Line Art Drawing for my Dia de los Muertos Day of the Dead Piece

 


This is the sketch I submitted for the Ontario Museum of Art Show Día de los Muertos: Recuerdos de Sabores/Flavorful Memories Exhibit.  The theme was memories and food and I decided on a whimsical headress of pan dulce that was composed of sweet bread that I shared with my grandparents on the head of a maiden kissed by her ancestor.


I plan on sharing some work in progress views of the piece as well as the finished piece on Dia de los Muertos, but if you'd like to see the original completed painting in person, it's up at the museum.  The information is below.


Día de los Muertos: Recuerdos de Sabores/Flavorful Memories

Ontario Museum of History & Art in the Museum's North Wing

225 South Euclid Avenue

Ontario, California 91762


Thursday October 5 - November 19, 2023

Regular Open Hours

Thursday/Friday, 12 PM – 4 PM, Saturday/Sunday, 11 AM – 5 PM

Admission is free

General Information or to make a reservation call: (909) 395-2510

3 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for sharing this sketch.
I hope the show/exhibition is going well.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Lovely!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, you have such great ideas! Hugs, Valerie