Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Gothic Mermaid, April 7 Daily Art Sketches...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a sweet yet evocative quality...  Her hair flows outwards and engulfs her.  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be an angel fairy or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 7.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

9 comments:

Christine said...

such beautiful hair she has!

Anonymous said...

This sketch says to me: Refreshing

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, you've been sketching everyday since February. How are you doing it? I love your maiden sketch! Her eyes are WOW!

Jennifer Rose said...

she is very pretty :)

DVArtist said...

Well you are certainly on a roll with a sketch a day. She is lovely.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Martin, Stacy, Jennifer, and Nicole! I do want to be sketching daily, but it seems a bit ambitious, so I'm just taking it month to month...

sandy said...

I love the big eyes on your elves - so cool!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the way her hair is blowing and how she is looking!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks very much Sandy and Stacy!