Friday, April 8, 2016

WIP Clematis Flower Art Original Painting Work in Progress + April Sketches, Sketch 8, Angel Fairy...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP clematis flower painting I've blocked in the background with a combination of a texture medium and acrylic paints.  I'm not quite sure that I'm done with the background at this point...  The flower this is inspired by is courtesy of the wonderful Shawn Parker Photography https://www.facebook.com/ShawnParkerPhotography.  This is a 5"x7" painting on panel.  I'm still working on my Day of the Dead / Dia de los Muertos maiden and I'm ever hopeful that I will complete her in time for this Tuesday I hope, but I decided to share the start of this painting today.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


I was very fortunate to win this beautiful necklace through Paint Party Friday.  PPF is a weekly blog gathering of artists sharing their art on Friday, it's a wonderful group of people and so inspiring to me!  If you get a chance, hop on over for some wonderful art!

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has sweet pigtails and a serious expression.  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in April.  This is day 8.   

This is a rough sketch.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

the flower looks like you're searching...

Blogoratti said...

Great work in progress. Greetings!

Carol said...

I'm sure the flower will be amazing when you get to that point in the painting. Love the maiden and lucky you to win the PPF necklace ♥

GlorV1 said...

Congrats on the win. Very nice work on you wip. Good weekend to you.

Christine said...

congrats on winning. Thanks for showing your WIP, interesting start. Cute pigtails on your girl too.

Jennifer Rose said...

very neat looking texture on your painting :)

and nicely done hair on you maiden :)

sirkkis said...

I'm waiting for to see the flower ready. The fairy sketch is magical.
Happy weekend ❤

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work as always, congrats on your win, happy PPF, Valerie

Giggles said...

Congratulations on winning the necklace! Wonderful sketches!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

such beautiful work,, as always,,

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats on your PPF win Lisa! Love your fairy sketch. Happy weekend!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! I love PPF and I feel fortunate indeed!

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats on the win! So cool!
Your painting is coming along nicely!
Love your maiden sketch!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks you Stacy so much!