Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Original Sunflowers Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh at the Norton Simon Museum of Art...



"Summer Sun" Original 9"x12" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Summer Sun". The original sunflowers painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The original has a little texture.  Usually blues, purples, and blacks are my favorite colors, but I find flowers of every hue lovely.  In the summer, I love catching sight of their beauty.  It was painted with oil paints.  The art has a soft realist impressionist feel.  I think Vincent van Gogh's art inspires me when it comes to sunflowers, I have featured one of his paintings of "The Bedroom" today.


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is mermaids and includes a selection of some of my big eye fantasy sirens; you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

================================================

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh at the Norton Simon Museum (Closed Show)

"The Bedroom" by Vincent van Gogh was on display at the Norton Simon Museum of art.  It was on loan from the Art Institute of Chicago and the exhibit is now CLOSED.

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh 

I've long had a fondness for Vincent van Gogh and his art.  This piece was painted at the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum in Saint-Remy-de-Provence.  It is one of three paintings he did of a room he stayed in in happier times.  The Yellow House is what he called the home he rented.  The first was damaged and he requested that his brother repair it so he could do some additional versions.  This is the second version.  In an image below,  I've shown a photo of the three different versions.  Each one unique and beautiful.

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh Variations

Although he was only with the world for 37 years, he contributed so much beauty to the world.  In two months time, encouraged by his doctor Paul-Ferdinand Gachet, he completed over eighty pieces.  His work, with the wonderful energy and passion in it, continues to move and inspire...  

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh closer view

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh Close Up Detail View

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh Close Up Detail View

The Bedroom by Vincent van Gogh Close Up Detail View

Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches tomorrow.

12 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful sunflower in oil and thanks for sharing the Van Gogh works, such a short life.

Anonymous said...

The use of colors... absolutely beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art from you and Vincent, he loved sunflowers, too. I very much love and admire his work. Thanks for haring the pics of the exhibition. Hugs, Valerie

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Boa tarde, o girassol esta lindo num todo, é um excelente trabalho que encanta, van Gogh é o expoente da arte, tudo que criou é maravilhoso.
AG

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Christine, Martin, Valerie, and AG!

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed all on your post here, thank you.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

I'm very jealous you have seen an original by him, one d\y I will maybe if I get down to London probably

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Jan and Jennifer, I'm very fortunate to live relatively close to some incredible museums... This one was just on loan, but fortunately I made it before the end of the show.

NatureFootstep said...

never seen any of these. Thanks for sharing them :)

Lisabella Russo said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them, thanks NatureFootstep!

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your sunflower painting Lisa! Beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing the Vincent paintings! Brilliant to see! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Stacy!