Sunday, May 7, 2017

Art Sketch of a Heron & a Big Eye Fairy Angel, May 6 & 7 Daily Sketches...


El Festival de las Flores at the Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum Show is closing today!  Alex and I will be there towards the end.  For more details, please visit here...


Here is a sketch of a heron.  I love the elegance of their long and sinuous necks.  I'm unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is from day 6.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  



Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She is looking upwards, at what I am not sure.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 7.

This is a rough sketch.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://alexandramacvean.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sketches. I love watching the herons here at the Rhine, they are so graceful. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely heron sketch and a lovely big eyed maiden!

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful heron sketch and pretty 'big eyed' girl ~ thanks,

Happy week to you ~ ^_^

Latane Barton said...

I like the heron just like he is. But, then of course, you may wish him painted... I bet it would be equally as nice.

Anonymous said...

You know you have me fascinated with your latest hair styles.

JFM said...

Lisa, gorgeous big eye fairy and heron drawings!!! You are amazingly talented!!!
💝💕♥💞

Magyar said...

___ One of my favorite birds, the Great Blue Heron; nifty one Lisa! _m

a great blue
of this silent pose
its sketch

Serena Lewis said...

Nice sketches...love that heron!

DVArtist said...

You really captured the Heron. Really wonderful sketch.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Valerie, Christine, Carol, Latane, Martin, Jan, Magyar, Serena, and Nicole!

GalleryJuana said...

I love seeing those herons and you've done a graceful sketch of one. I love your flower sketches and paintings too in your other posts.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Beautiful sketches, Lisa. I LOVE your heron. We have a very large one hanging out at the lake by the park just a few blocks from us. You've captured it wonderfully!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely sketches Lisa.
Your heron is beautiful.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Both sketches are amazing Lisa!! Love! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so very much Juana, Alexandra, Jan, and Stacy!