Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My Photograph of Crocus Spring Flowers at Descanso Gardens + Sketch of a Big Eye Fairy Angel/ Art Sketches Daily/ SEP 20...



I took this photograph of these spring flowers at Descanso Gardens.  I love their delicate purple petals.  I'm not sure what they are, but I thought they were very pretty.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 

Edit:  Thanks so much Christine and Jennifer for identifying them as crocuses!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her hair is charming with a pixie cut and a peek a boo look...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in September. This is day 20. 

I am also participating in the September 29 Faces Challenge! The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September.  I think I will try to extend it out to a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days...

This is a rough sketch.

10 comments:

Christine said...

Lisa those flowers are crocus, wonderful shot! Love your maiden's hairstyle today.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers.
Love that hairstyle. You knew I would.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sketch, and love the crocus flowers. The meadows along the Rhine are full with them in Spring. Hugs, Valerie

SHON said...

A sketch of a fairy angel looks so stylish! And I love your spring flowers so much.

Lux G. said...

A beautiful maiden for sure.

Jennifer Rose said...

yep they are crocus and come in yellow and white too

love your maiden's short hairstyle :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Those flowers are just beautiful, what a wonderful colour.

All the best Jan

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, linda flor que valoriza as suas belas partilhas, a grande donzela de olhos grandes está cada vez mais atraente.
Fim de semana feliz,
AG

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind words! Thanks also Christine and Jennifer for identifying a mystery flower for me.

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flower picture! We have them here too.
I LOVE your maiden! You should paint her! Big Hugs!