Friday, August 10, 2018

WIP Peacock Bird Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketches of Big Eye Angels Fairies Maidens & Flowers / August 4-10 / Art Sketch Daily...


For the month of August I will be offering a free random rough sketch included with any original art order on my website lisarusso.com!  I plan on making some adjustments in pricing and content on my website, so now is an excellent time to take a look...


In this original acrylic painting of a peacock, I've been making solid progress on the feathers.  I've started to work on the crest and face, then I'll move on to the neck...  I'll eventually do highlights with the gold leafing paint near the very end of the painting.  The canvas that I'm painting on is 11"x14" 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

==============================================

August 4-10 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has an expression of joy...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August. This is from day 4. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a pansy.  These flowers have a cheerful radiance...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 5.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a sweetness to her demeanor...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  

I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August. This is from day 6. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a zinnia.  I love how they seem to have flowers within flowers...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 7.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a serious quality...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August. This is from day 8. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of an anthurium.  I find these flowers very fetching...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is from day 9.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a hibiscus.  There is a delicate charm to these flowers...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 10.  

This is a rough sketch. 

12 comments:

Christine said...

Fabulous work on the peacock feathers and gorgeous sketches today Lisa!

JFM said...

Your peacock is stunning!!!
You always have very lovely big eyed girls!
Your other sketches are also remarkable!

Happy PPF 🎨

DVArtist said...

So many wonderful sketches. However, that peacock is amazing. You have done such an incredible job on those feathers. Have a great weekend.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Peacocks are amazing. I want to try to draw some birds sometime.
Coffee is on

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic peacock. Love the sketches, too. Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

your work is always so consistently beautiful and that Peacock is utterly breathtaking,

Jennifer Rose said...

great flower sketches :)

Jean said...

Oh - those flowers are gorgeous! I really need to try sketching more!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely flower sketches … and I love your peacock.

All the best Jan

Misty said...

This peacock is looking good!! What do you do with all your sketches that you don't finish?

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words!

My rough sketches are in various locations throughout the house, I haven't been organized with them... This month I'm giving a bonus random rough sketch with any purchase of original art on my website.

Magic Love Crow said...

Your peacock painting is looking so beautiful Lisa! You should be very proud of yourself!
Love all your sketches! Truly beautiful! Big Hugs!