Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet pea blossoms painting and some sketches



Above is a small 5"x7" pink sweet pea flower bloom painting that I finished on Friday. It is, as yet, untitled. Below are some sketches. I did have to crop one of my master studies in this post and one in last week's post as nudity on blogspot might make my blog a mature site, and since I mainly paint florals and clothed fantasy it doesn't seem worth the risk. When I need to do this, I'll just write (cropped). The sketches really are for my practice mainly, I'm posting them here to try and keep myself honest and consistent.

Tuesday... I believe the flower I based this on is called a cosmo

Wednesday... Orchid floral

Thursday... after Annibale Carracci's "Standing figure of a nude woman" (cropped)

Friday... after Degas' "Dancer at the barre"

Saturday... a girl

Sunday... Columbine flower bud

No comments: