Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Photograph of a Gold & Rust Bearded Iris Flower at Huntington Gardens + March Sketches Art, Sketch 2, Fairy...



I took this photograph of this gold and rust hued bearded iris at Huntington Gardens during my most recent visit.  Irises are one of my favorite flowers, I am very tempted to paint this flower.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  I think she has a kawaii gothic Lolita feeling.  She has a sweet soft smile and stars and moons on her cheeks.  I think she is most likely an fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is sketch 2.  

This is a rough sketch.

5 comments:

Christine said...

what a beautiful colour the iris is. Your fairy is so pretty!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Christine!

Jennifer Rose said...

really like the stars and moons :)

Magic Love Crow said...

The Iris Flower is so pretty! I love your new sketch! She is so cute! She sparkles!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer and Stacy!