Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sketch of a Kitty Cat, March 20 Daily Art Sketches...



Here is a sketch of a reclining cat.  He seems so stretched out and relaxed and yet very alert.  I probably won't paint him because I don't really understand what's going on with his paws, in my reference there's a lot of light in that area and not a lot of form, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is day 20.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Christine said...

He sure does look relaxed! This is perfect for a Sunday afternoon!

carol l mckenna said...

Love the wonderful sketch of the relaxed kitty ~ they sure know how to relax ~ ^_^

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Barbara Casillas said...

I love the relaxed pose of the cat in your sketch. The paws are fine the way they are without more definition.

Jennifer Rose said...

nice cat sketch :D

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Carol, Barbara, and Jennifer! Cats are such a beautiful subject...

DVArtist said...

OOoohhhh I really like this cat.

alarmcat said...

i ALWAYS love a kitty picture!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks Nicole and alarmcat!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awwww...what a sweet kitty cat. Love their eyes. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

I think he is adorable Lisa! You could always put a plant infront of his paws! Hugs!

SonjaK said...

Cute kitty! Wonderfully sketched.

GalleryJuana said...

I am a cat lover and I love this drawing. It really evokes the sweetness and delicate features of cats and has a hint of all the trouble they like to get into.

Thank you for your visit. I'm a little late following up on Mar 20 Sunday Sketches :)