Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My Photograph of Lotus Water Lilies at Huntington Gardens + August Sketches Art, Day 10 Sketch, Big Eye Angel...



I took this photograph of these tall lotus water lilies at Huntington Gardens.  I've seen many of the ones that bloom close to the water and I love them, but this was my first time seeing these ones and I was so moved by them.  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she has a kind heart...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 10.  

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

lol, her large eyes are watching the beauty of the waterlily :)

Christine said...

beautiful water lilies and a lovely kind hearted maiden today! I like her eyes.

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty photo :)

nice design around your maiden's eyes :)

Neesie said...

You have a fantastic collection of sketches and photographs Lisa,
I've worked my way back through your posts, so that I don't miss anything :D
Good luck with your August challenge.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much NatureFootstep, Christine, Jennifer, and Neesie! I enjoy photographing what beauty I see and sketching what beauty I envision both very much!

Anonymous said...

I love lilies.
A beauty that will not be hurt again

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Martin, I love them too!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful photo!!! Your gothic maiden is so cool!