Friday, October 26, 2012

Teensy Bit of Progress on the Bird of Paradise Painting...




I've made an eensy teensy bit of progress on my bird of paradise painting.  On seeing the background in the light, it became clear to me that while I liked the color, there wasn't enough coverage.  So, I went over that again.  I've started in on the "plumage," but I'm not that far along.  I definitely need to play with the range of colors in the orange and yellow hues.  I can also tell I will be doing a lot of touching up along the edges later on, but fortunately I mixed a lot of the background color.  I love acrylics, but they have the unfortunate tendency of drying slightly darker than their original color, which can sometimes be difficult.  I feel that their benefits outweigh their disadvantages though, so they remain my primary medium of choice...

Anyway, I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

Tracey FK said...

we have them blooming everywhere here at the moment... I walk past a huge mass of them every day and they never fail to make me smile... looking forward to seeing your progress...xx

Giggles said...

I'm sure it will turn out beautiful just as Bird of Paradise is!!

Hugs Giggles

EVA said...

Looking great so far!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Oh, I love those flowers! You have a beautiful start and I am looking forward to seeing it when you finish it up! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Great WIP ~ looking forward to finished art ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Fabulous background colour, so vibrant and lively. Very graceful flower shape.
I love acrylics but I haven´t learnt how to mix them yet. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Anonymous said...

I joined as a follower so I will see the finish, its beautiful so far! Happy Paint Party Friday!

GlorV1 said...

We just planted a bird of paradise a couple weeks back and it's doing great....knock on wood...:) Your painting is looking great so far. Look forward to the finished piece. Thanks for sharing.

Ritu Dua said...

Looking forward anxiously to see the final outcome :)

Linda Richardson said...

love these flowers, and my mum is in the process of making a stained glass version of one too!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your work in process. I love to learn about people's processes.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Not being an artist, unlike you are, my interuptation of your blue background to be simply lovely. I like the rich hue you've created. I can't wait to see your finished painting! =D

Magic Love Crow said...

Lisa, I think it's turning out great! It's going to be so pretty!

bohemiannie! art said...

I love Bird of Paradise and I'm sure this will be beautiful.

Annabelle said...

A very soft and delicate beginning , it makes you visualize it's total embodiment. A lovely work in progress.


Happy Halloween ~ Annabelle m^._.^m ~^..^~

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

It's looking good! Happy Fall!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much! I love birds of paradise, but I believe this is my first attempt at one.

carol l mckenna said...

I love this and how you are taking your time in creating such a beautiful painting ~ (A Creative Harbor)

ps. ArtMuseDog and I are doing well minimal damage from the storm ^_^ ~ Hope others fared as well.

Lisabella Russo said...

Carol, thank you and I am so glad to hear you and ArtMuseDog are doing okay in the storm!