Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friday Treats


This Friday I finished this small 5x7 pink and yellow rose acrylic painting that I have yet to title. Later as a treat I went out to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena. To my surprise, they were having an evening of music with the Harmonia Baroque Players. This ensemble is a group of four musicians who perform music written for small groups in the 17th and early 18th centuries playing on period instruments. It was truly a delight to hear them play. I think their music would be excellent to paint to. It was mentioned that their work was available in the gift shop and I intend to look for it the next time that I visit. For this visit, the museum was closing very shortly after their show and I wanted to spend some time engulfed in their fabulous Impressionist section before it was time to go. I am so in love with Degas' dancers! Time and again I am moved by them, yesterday was no exception. The Norton Simon titled their musical evening "Baroque Treats for the Eyes, Ears and Soul" and it truly was a wonderful combination of art and music.

No comments: