Saturday, November 7, 2009

incomplete bits and pieces


Well, I haven't managed to complete a painting lately, but here are some sketches. The top one is after Raphael. The girl below is a partial of an image I started for the sketchstorm topic hair, but when I was interrupted while sketching, I found I liked this incomplete view. As for the eye, well, it was my favorite part of a sketch that I sketched just to sketch.





Last week I had the good fortune to go to the Getty and see the closing day of their exhibition "Capturing Nature's Beauty: Three Centuries of French Landscape Drawings." I very rarely paint or draw landscapes, but the work there was absolutely exemplary. They also showcased the work of Irving Penn. His photographs of people and their trades was very interesting. We also stopped in and visited some of our favorite pieces before we left. All in all a splendid day at the museum!

No comments: