Tuesday, March 20, 2012

H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival's "The Whisperer in Darkness" and HPL inspired art by Alex Ledante

Some time ago, I went to the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in San Pedro, CA. One of the outstanding films that I saw was "The Whisperer in Darkness." The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society created a suspenseful rendition of one of Lovecraft's classic tales with a 1930s feel. At the festival, I was able to photograph some miniatures and items related to the film.

In their "Behind the Scenes" page at http://www.cthulhulives.org/whisperer/, you may see some of their in progress photographs of some of the completed miniatures that I have shown below.










An amazing contemporary artist who has been inspired by Lovecraft is Alex Ledante. His most recent HPL inspired piece is this one:


This week, he has some art auctions inspired by Lovecraft here. His website at http://www.ledante.com is full of rich and imaginative pieces. Some of his Lovecraft inspired pieces may be found on his site in his Nightmare Gallery; but in his Portrait Gallery, his Lovecraft inspired Deep One is definitely worth a look. My favorite of his HPL inspired pieces is below, but I invite you to visit his auctions and his website and pick your own personal fave!


Since this is a post fueled by inspiration, I've decided to link it with Inspire Me Monday (I'm a little late) and Inspired Tuesday.

5 comments:

Leovi said...

Very interesting photos of these thumbnails. Yes, I too was very impressed and attracted by Lovecraft, especially when I discovered at 16 years of age.

Renee said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog, I look forward to browsing your blog!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Leovi, Lovecraft is indeed an intriguing author.

Thanks Renee for stopping by and taking a look :).

Magic Love Crow said...

Stunning photos and very cool too! Thanks for sharing Lisa ;o) Happy Spring ;o)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Magic Love Crow, I've been meaning to do this post for ages and finally did so :). Happy Spring to you too!!