Friday, September 27, 2013

Leonardo da Vinci Inspired Painting + 29 Faces 26 & 27...

This is a commission painting I was able to deliver recently.  It's titled "Wendy on the Rocks."  It is loosely inspired by Leondardo da Vinci's painting "Virgin of the Rocks."  The lovely Wendy is the client's wife and Beau and Belle are their beautiful Bichon Frise kids.  I'm posting all of my work in progress pictures here today, but it definitely took me more than a week to finish this 11"x14" acrylic painting.  I hope you will enjoy seeing it.

Tin was a fantastic client and took the amazing reference photographs that I used for Wendy and the pups.

Before I began the painting, I did some larger sketches of Wendy's face and the two dogs, although in the painting their features are very small, I wanted to try and capture their features before I scaled them down to fit the size of the painting.  Alex Ledante helped me get everything to scale before I began. 

Face 26 Sketch of Wendy

Work in Progress I

Work in Progress II

Work in Progress III

Work in Progress IV

Finished Painting & Face 27

I'm also counting the sketch as my 26th face and the finished painting as my 27th face for the 29 faces challenge.  The challenge is to share 29 faces in the month of September.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

18 comments:

Ivy said...

Beautiful!

Giggles said...

Stunning and thanks for showing your process!

Hugs Giggles

Fida said...

Amazing!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, breath taking Lisa!! Gorgeous!!

Theresa Plas said...

Wonderful and enjoyed the process!

Victoria said...

Wow..incredibly beautiful...stunning !! this is a very special work..and so wonderful to see you process!
Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing this magnificent art!
Victoria

Margie said...

Truly beautiful!
I can imagine Wendy (your client) must be so happy with this stunning painting.
I loved seeing how you completed this painting.
Bravo, Lisa.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Stunning art work! Thank you for sharing your process

Paper rainbow said...

This is a fabulous piece I love to see process shots and enjoyed watching the paintings journey!

Leovi said...

Yes, it's a very creative and relaxing composition, Monalisa wonderful and magical!

SLScheibe said...

Very beautiful and old school style mixed with your own. It's a lovely painting and setting and it turned out so well! Super details! A special piece indeed :)

Faye said...

Lisa, your WEndy painting is so beautiful. I love the sweet expression on her face and those cute little dogs.

Twist of Pink said...

Wow! What a beautiful finished piece! Thanks for visiting my blog for PPF.

Anne Manda said...

Beautiful and so wonderfully created! <3

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! This painting had so many elements to it, I was a bit intimidated taking it on...

Ginny said...

This is truly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the process.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Ginny!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful painting. Nice that you had Leonardo da Vinci's art as your inspiration he is one of my all-the-time favorite artists. I like bright/dark color contrast in your painting. Great work. Greetings from Finland. -Niina