Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Photograph of Two Turtles at Descanso Gardens + June Sketches Art, Day 29 Sketch, Gothic Mermaid...



I took this photograph of these turtles at Descanso Gardens.  I believe they are red eared sliders, but I'm not sure.  They seemed to be posing for me... I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


Although I've yet to paint a turtle, I love to paint animals, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has long flowing hair that cascades around her.  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in June.  This is day 29.

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

gorgeous photo of the turtles and a pretty maiden!

Jennifer Rose said...

aww cute turtles :) all your photos of Descano Gardens are wonderful, looks like a great place to spend the day :)

Unknown said...

I love the way you took that amazing photo of turtles and the way the light enhances the beauty of it, wow, you couldn't draw something not amazing ...so beautiful you are Lisa Isabella

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jennifer, and Lorraine. Descanso Gardens is a wonder filled place...

Magic Love Crow said...

The turtles are so cute! Waving high to them! LOL! Lisa, yes, paint this maiden! She is stunning!!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy!