Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Original Golden Snub Nosed Monkey Chinese Zodiac Painting! 1st Tuesday Art Prints & ACEO Prints! January Sketches...



"Clever Monkey" Original 5"x7" Painting on Panel here

This week my featured painting is "Clever Monkey," an original golden snub nosed monkey painting.  The year of the monkey is drawing to a close, soon it will be the year of the rooster...  This is last year's painting inspired by the Chinese New Year Zodiac animals.  I will try to finish a small rooster painting for this year.  This original animal painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  The art has a realist impressionist feel...


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is Chinese New Year Zodiac animals, you may see them here.

I haven't yet painted every animal of the Zodiac and one of my Western dragons has snuck in, but it is a project I am working on slowly...  Some of these animals I've painted more of than are indicated in this grouping, they may be found on my website; with some available as originals and prints, with some only as prints...

Featured Image "Clever Monkey"
5"x7" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/

==================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She is drifting in sweet repose with her little hat atop her head; in retrospect, I think I should have given her a pillow to soften her rest...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in January.  This is day 3.  

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Love your monkey, and such a cute hat on your girl today!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the sweet monkey, and the sketch of your maiden. Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love this monkey. He is so cute as monkey are. LOL Lovely maiden. She does have a sweet look on her face.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie-Jael, and Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Exquisite I love the colors of the monkey. The maiden is beautiful.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin!

Lowcarb team member said...

That monkey looks great ...

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

The monkey is so cute!
Gorgeous maiden! Beautiful!
Big Hugs

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jan and Stacy!