Friday, November 17, 2017

WIP Big Eye Orchid Angel Fairy Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketch of a Big Eye Mermaid & Angel, November 16 & 17 Daily Sketches...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a big eye orchid angel fairy, I've refined her shading and done the underpainting of her hair, there are many more layers to come before I'm done...  Her hair will be much darker by the time I'm finished.  There is some gold leaf in the background.  She is part of my garden guardian series.  I am calling her "Orchid Intrigue."

This big eyed beauty is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.  This piece and "Moonrise" have been accepted by the Ontario Museum of History & Art "Diversity and Inclusion:  The Influence of African American Art in Southern California Exhibit."  They accepted them as works in progress, so I'm a busy bee trying to get them finished hopefully well before the deadline...


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  Her hair is flowing wildly around her...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November. This is from day 16. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 77. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to see something beautiful, perhaps a butterfly...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in November. This day 17. 

I would like to try to reach a goal of 100 faces sketched on consecutive days, I started this effort on September 1st, 2017...  This is face 78. 

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Victoria said...

She is stunning Lisa, I love her true beauty, expressive energy, soulful eyes and that orchid is exquisite, magical! All of your sketches are beautiful and soulful! Always a wonderful journey visiting your creative world. It is inspiring seeing how many artworks you create weekly! Shine on!
Victoria

Christine said...

your painting will look amazing! The maidens are beautiful!

Linda Kunsman said...

she is stunning already- a tempting goddess. I'm always impressed by the spiritual quality each of your maidens conveys. Happy PPF!

Jennifer Rose said...

that is great you were excepted into the Ontario Museum of History & Art, always nice to have your work shown! :)

Anonymous said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL SOULFUL EYES, BEAUTIFUL WORK AS ALWAYS!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful sketches, the smiley lady is great. And the WIP is coming along really well, congrats on having it accepted into another show! Hugs, Valerie

peggy gatto said...

Lovely, lovely faces, beautifully created!!

DVArtist said...

OMG!!! she is exquisite. I love this one so much. I do believe she is my favorite.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your kind and thoughtful words!

Magic Love Crow said...

Congrats Lisa! So happy for you having it accepted into this show! She is truly breath taking!!
Love your sketches too!
Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Stacy so much!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read your painting will be shown in the Ontario Museum of History & Art, well done.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Jan!

JKW said...

I love how each one is different. Blessings, Janet

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Janet!