Thursday, March 8, 2018

Happy International Women's Day + Sketch of Big Eye Fairy, Zinnia Flower, Angel, Goddess, Butterfly Bush + Nasturtium, & Mermaid/ March 3-8 / Art Sketches Daily...



"Blood of the Nile" Original Painting Sold, Giclee Prints & LE ACEO Prints Here

The original big eye Egyptian fairy angel goddess painting was sold a while back, but I thought she was perfect to wish you a Happy International Women's Day.  I hope this is a day filled with love.


This is a completed work, I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm a little early, but I'm going to try to join in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

===============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have a sweet curiousity...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is from day 3. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of some zinnia flowers.  They have a delicate abundance in their petals...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 4.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed deco maiden.  Her eyes are gently closed...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is from day 5. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to be gently concerned...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is fom day 6. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of butterfly bush flowers by a nasturtium.  Butterflies do indeed love the flowers of butterfly bushes, they seem very drawn to them...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March.  This is from day 7.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a mysterious quality...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in March. This is day 8. 

This is a rough sketch.

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes 'Blood of the Nile' is perfect to share for International Women's Day.
Great to see your sketches too.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Nice tribute painting, happy Women's Day! Lovely sketches too.

DVArtist said...

Wow Lisa you have been busy with your art. Me too. It feels so good. I love love love your Blood of the Nile. She is just gorgeous. All of your sketches are amazing. Have a nice weekend.

Jennifer Rose said...

great variation in hair styles with the maidens :)

really like zinnias but they are hard to get rid of from the garden :p

Valerie-Jael said...

Your Egyptian goddess is beautiful, as are the sketches. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

....and happy PPF!

Laila said...

So filled with lovely sketches.

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Congrats on selling your first painting shown here today. Your eyes in your sketches are amazing and beautiful. Keep up the good work daily sketching!

Victoria said...

Hi my beautiful friend, such an inspiring post..a deeply gorgeous painting and tribute! Happy I.W day to you too!!All of your sketches are fantastic..such fun to always see the work you are creating!
Have a beautiful wkd!
Victoria

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your beautiful maiden for IWD Lisa! You really capture the essence of the fairies/goddesses so well in their expressions. Lovely sketch pieces too. Happy PPF!

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope you had a great Women's Day Lisa! Love your painting! And, WOW look at all the sketches you have accomplished! I can't pick a favourite!!! Have you ever done a black and white painting? Just wondering, looking at your sketches! Big Hugs!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What beautiful sketches - very apropos for International Women's Day!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet and thoughtful words! I haven't done a completely black and white painting, but I've done a couple that were close...