Saturday, January 18, 2020

WIP Year of the Rat Art Original Painting Work in Progress / AUSTRALIA WILDFIRES FUNDRAISER! - Camilla d’Errico - Koala Postcard Set - Signed...



In this original wip work in progress acrylic painting of a rat, I have finished the background, I went with a loose impressionistic style of some cherry blossoms.  Next I will be the underpainting and then the foreground and final details.  The panel that I'm painting on is 5"x7" and I'm hoping to release this on Tuesday but I have a lot of painting to do!  I'm painting Rattie (this is just a working title, I'm hoping to come up with something better, but if not, well...) in honor of the Chinese Zodiac Year of the Rat.  


This is a work in progress, but I also post finished pieces here as well if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisabellarusso.com if you'd like.

====================================================

AUSTRALIA WILDFIRES FUNDRAISER! - Camilla d’Errico - Koala Postcard Set - Signed


This auction is by welcometo_ourden on ebay, it is to benefit the WIRES Australian Wildlife Rescue @wireswildliferescue.  I love animals and my heart broke seeing the devastation there.  This seems like a beautiful way to help.  I have bought from this seller and they are fantastic.



6 comments:

R's Rue said...

❤️

DVArtist said...

You are off to a fabulous start. I also love the girl and the Koala.

Christine said...

this will be beautiful! Nice sketch too, good luck with the fundraiser.

Sue (this n that) said...

Loving Rattie! He's progressing nicely and also the beautiful background for him.
That's a lovely painting and gesture by Camilla for the fundraiser... everything is so very much appreciated. Really sweet of you to help spread the word too Lisa xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, Rattie is lovely. Glad you are supporting the fundraisers. Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! The postcard sketch is by one of my favorite artists, Camilla d'Errico.