Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sparrow sketch...



Well, I checked, and then checked again, but it looks like there is not a new list of animals to sketch at the Daily Animals Doodle Project. I missed sketching animals though. So, since I didn't start at day one, I'm going to try to sketch animals from the list that I didn't sketch. Most likely I won't sketch animals every single day, but I will try to post them as often as I have the opportunity.

Today's sketch is a sparrow. From what I read, this songbird was initially imported to the U.S. from the U.K. way back in the day to help keep the insect population in check. However, it turned out that they prefer other foods... They did displace other native songbirds though, so it seems to be a case where more research was needed before importing them here. It's definitely not the birds fault though, so here is this little songbird singing its heart out...

4 comments:

Maša said...

Oh, I love him! I also wouldn't mind another month of animal doodles. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Aww, thanks Masa! It's definitely a fun concept and you did some seriously cute ones...

Maša said...

thanks for flattering me so much! xD

Lisabella Russo said...

Well, you are pretty fabulous :).