Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My Photograph of Fuschia Orchid Flowers at Huntington Gardens + February Sketches Art, Day 22 Sketch, Fairy Angel, 29 Faces...



I took this photograph of these fuschia orchids at Huntington Gardens.  They are such lovely and delicate flowers...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo! 


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

========================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She has a wary glance over her shoulder as she knows she has been seen.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is day 22.

This is a rough sketch.  I am also participating in the February 29 Faces Challenge, this is face 22.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful photo of the orchids. I have often tried to keep an orchid at home, but never succeeded. Your maiden is gorgeous, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Love the colour of the orchids and what big eyes on today's maiden!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fantastic photograph and lovely colour too

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful picture.
Now the sketch... I'm excited

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Valerie-Jael, Christine, Jan, and Martin!

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely orchid photo :)

very coy looking maiden :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flower picture!! Your maiden looks very mysterious! Love her! Big Hugs
(Thanks for the information about your larger canvases. I started wiring mine!)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer and Stacy!