Monday, August 14, 2017

WIP Flapjack Octopus Art Original Painting Work in Progress + August Sketches, Sketch 14, Carnation Flower...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a flapjack octopus I've worked on his shading.  He is close to being done, but I've decided to change the background to better display him and then I'll add his final highlights to his eyes.  The panel that I'm painting on is 4"x4"...  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a carnation.  It's my first time sketching one; they are a commonly seen flower, but they're still so very pretty...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in August.  This is day 14.  

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Cute pink octopus WIP and a nice carnation sketch, interesting you've never painted one before, you do so many other types of flowers.

Jennifer Rose said...

awww so cute and cuddly looking :D

Anonymous said...

A pink octopus. Imagine that. Oh yes. You did. (hee-hee)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jennifer, and Martin! He's such a dear little octopus...

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your pink octopus WIP, he looks so cute!
That is a very nice carnation sketch too.

All the best Jan

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks Jan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your little octopus is so cute Lisa! Love your carnation sketch! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Stacy!