Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Diversity and Inclusion: The Influence of African-American Art in Southern California at the Ontario Museum of Art Show + Original Big Eye Gothic Angel Fairy Iris Garden Guardian Painting...


Diversity and Inclusion: The Influence of African-American Art in Southern California at the Ontario Museum of Art Exhibit

Lisa Isabella Russo with her (my) art
Orchid Intrigue by Lisa Isabella Russo
photo by Alex Ledante

Here are my two framed pieces "Orchid Intrigue" and "Moonrise" from the Diversity and Inclusion: The Influence of African-American Art in Southern California Exhibit at the Ontario Museum of Art as well as some of my favorites from the show.  These are only a small sampling of the art that was there, there were many rooms filled to the brim with some impressive and inspiring art.  The show will run until Sunday February 25th 2018.

Location: 225 S Euclid Ave  
                Ontario, CA 91762
Phone: (909) 395-2510
Hours:  Noon to 4 pm  Thursday through Sunday
http://www.ontarioca.gov/museum



Orchid Intrigue by Lisa Isabella Russo

Moonrise by Lisa Isabella Russo

Lives Matter by Virginia Vilchis

Ballerina by Katherine Taylor

Fruits of Hispaniola by Sarah Stone

Harriet Tubman Glow by Vanessa Cobarrubias

Will Work for Free by Cat Chiu Phillips

Buffalo Soldier by Cynthia Wierschen

Manaka Thoughts by Pache Pace

Queen Califia by Allyson Allen

Generations by Riea Owens

Fight the Power by Alex Ledante

Alex Ledante with his art
Fight the Power by Alex Ledante


Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches on Thursday.

===============================================


"Iris Dream" Original 16"x20" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Iris Dream."  She and "Orchid Intrigue" are part of the same series.  The original big eye gothic angel fairy garden guardian painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  "Orchid Intrigue" and "Moonrise" will join her on my website at some point after I get them back from the museum.


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is hearts; you may see them here.

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/

7 comments:

Christine said...

Your pieces are lovely. Thanks for sharing some of the other exhibits too.

Jennifer Rose said...

your hair matches your shirt! :D your paintings look really nice framed on the wall :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your paintings are both wonderful. I loved to see the other exhibits, too, what a fantastic selection of art, so powerful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Valerie

Rike said...

Your orchid lady is my favorite today!
Thank you for sharing and for the photos of the other exhibits, a great exhibition!
Wish you a happy day! Rike

DVArtist said...

Wow some truly beautiful art here. I love your faces best though.

Magic Love Crow said...

You look great beside your painting Lisa! Both your pieces are amazing! Love the other art you have shown too! Amazing!! Big Hugs! (Love your orchid lady too!)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so much Christine, Jennifer, Valerie, Rike, Nicole, and Stacy! I'm glad you enjoyed the show through my eyes (or rather camera ;) )...