Friday, February 9, 2018

WIP Big Eye Self Portrait Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketch Art / February 5-9 / Daily Sketches...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of an idealized big eye version of myself, I've been working on the highlights and eye details.  From far back it can be difficult to see the details so I'm sharing a closeup.  I need to work a little more on the eyes and then comes the hair wispies.  I think this is the mermaid version of me...  

This idealized big eyed self portrait is on a 16"x20" canvas in acrylics.    


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a chow chow puppy dog.  It has a ways to go before the lineart is right, but it's a start.  I like to paint an animal in honor of Chinese New Year annually, this year it's year of the dog.  I'm intending to paint this puppy, but I want to see if I can get the sketch right first...


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is day 2.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a sunflower.  The flower looks like it has waves of cascading petals...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is from day 6.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She seems to have a serious expression...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is from day 7. 

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of tuberose flowers.  I don't think I've sketched this type of flower before...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February.  This is from day 8.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She hair is windswept and she has a seashell necklace...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in February. This is day 9 . 

This is a rough sketch.

17 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful 'eyed girls' sketches and lovely other sketches too!

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

you do eyes so beautifully,, all of it is beautiful!

Robin said...

I think your self-portrait looks just like you! So that is where those big, beautiful, gorgeous eyes come from! Your sketches are great too! Happy PPF! hugz, Rasz

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely set of sketches :) and the eyes are very shiny :D

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh I quite like the idea of a mermaid version of oneself:):) Marvelous sketch works. Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Gorgeous work on the eyes of your portrait and such lovely sketches too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Those eyes are really mesmerizing, just wonderful. Love all the great sketches, too, my fave today is the chow chow puppy. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Rike said...

Great sketches! The chow chow puppy dog is my favorite!
Happy PPF!

Susan said...

Your portrait is really amazing. Love all of your sketches as well. Happy PPF

Gillena Cox said...

Gorgeous sketches Lisa. My PPF is HERE

Have a good weekend

much love...

JFM said...

Your self portrait is gorgeous!!!
You sketch beautifully Lisa.
Happy Weekend 💮

Beth Niquette said...

Your artwork is beautiful. I was especially struck by your self-portrait. Such beautiful eyes.

DVArtist said...

Your sketches are amazing but the close up of those eyes.... WOW they are superb.

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Olá, sou admirador da sua arte, a sua criatividade encanta, o trabalho em trabalho de acrílico vai ficar maravilhoso certamente, assim como, os espaçosos vão ficar encantadores.
Feliz semana,
AG

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks you so much for your kind and thoughtful words!

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow Lisa! Your eyes in the painting are amazing!! Truly WOW!!!
And, amazing sketches too! The puppy is so cute! I love your flowers and the maidens are so beautiful! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Awww, thanks so very much Stacy!