Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Original Big Eye Mermaid with Starfish Painting! Art Prints & ACEO Prints! May 26-29 Sketches...



"Looking In" Original Painting on 11"x11" Porthole Frame Here

This week my featured painting is "Looking In," an original painting of a big eye brunette mermaid with a starfish friend. She has huge inquisitive brown eyes.  She is painted directly on a porthole frame and there is some texture to the starfish.  The piece has a surreal lowbrow fantasy feel. I love mermaids so...  The original painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  


Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This #mermay month, my theme is mermaids and mermaid friends, you may see them here.

As my 1st Tuesday prints will end before the next 1st Tuesday begins, I am throwing in a bonus mermaid print & LE ACEO print!  

Bonus Image "Looking In"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here


I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday

====================================================

May 26-29 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a peony.  These flowers have a glorious abundance of petals...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is from day 26.  

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a peaceful quality...  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be a fairy angel or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May. This is from day 27. 

This is a rough sketch. 


Here is a sketch of an African daisy.  These flowers have a sweet appeal...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is from day 28.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has an enigmatic quality.  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May. This is day 29. 

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...


lovely mermaid and beautiful sketches!

Valerie-Jael said...

The mermaid is gorgeous, really stunning. Great sketches, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the porthole frame, a stunning mermaid.

All the best Jan

Jennifer Rose said...

really like the last maiden, looks like she could be from a Disney movie :)

Katie Jeanne said...

You've had a super busy month..a completing sketch a day isn't easy. Love the mermaid. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Valerie, Jan, Jennifer, and Katie!