Friday, May 25, 2018

WIP Peacock Bird Art Original Painting Work in Progress + Sketch of a Carnation Flower & Big Eye Goddess / May 24 & 25 / Art Sketches Daily...



In this original acrylic painting of a peacock, I've been working on the feathers.  I've made some solid progress, I have to decide if these need a little more detail before I move on to what I'm calling the mermaid feathers, it should be interesting...  I'll eventually do highlights with the gold leafing paint near the very end of the painting.  The canvas that I'm painting on is 11"x14" 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:

==============================================

May 24 & 25 Sketches


Here is a sketch of a carnation.  One thing I love about this flower is their sweet allure...  I'm unsure if I'll paint this sketch or not, but I did enjoy sketching it. 


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is from day 24.  

This is a rough sketch.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed maiden.  She has a mysterious quality...  I think she is most likely a goddess, although she could also be a fairy angel or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May. This is day 25. 

This is a rough sketch. 

12 comments:

JFM said...

Your Goddess is beautiful as is your lovely carnation, Lisa.
I can hardly wait to see how gorgeous tour peacock will be when it's finished!!!

Hugs 💮❤💮

Christine said...

Your WIP is coming along nicely and beautiful sketches today Lisa!

Robin said...

I always love all your work. The peacock feathers look great. I need to learn how to draw flowers like your carnation. And the sketch is just darling! Happy PPF! Hugz, Rasz

Valerie-Jael said...

Your peacock is wonderful, the feathers look great. Lovely sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

love seeing your beautiful sketches. And your peacock feathers are looking fab- I can just picture how wonderful the touches of gold will be in the end. Happy PPF!

Beth Niquette said...

Your sketches are lovely, and I can hardly wait to see what happens as you progress on the peacock. :D

Jennifer Rose said...

the feathers are looking great!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the sketch of the carnation, they are a lovely flower.
Your WIP is coming along very well, you must be pleased.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is coming along so beautifully Lisa!
Love both your sketches!!! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your considerate and kind words!

Sreeja said...

Loved the peacock feathers...!!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love these faces.