Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July! Original Big Eye Goddess Athena Minerva Painting + Art Prints & ACEO Prints! Annie Stegg Gerard Exhibit at the Gallery Nucleus...


In honor of the 4th of July, I am sharing one of my favorite paintings that I've done as well as art by one of my favorite artists.  I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday!


"Watchful Eyes" Original 16"x20" Painting on Canvas Here

This week my featured painting is "Watchful Eyes". The original surreal lowbrow goddess painting is available for purchase on my website as are art prints and LE ACEO prints!  Athena (also known to the Romans as Minerva) is the Greek goddess of wisdom and is part of my goddess series. 

Most of my art is also available on my website at lisarusso.com; however, on the first Tuesday of the month, I like to put some art prints and LE ACEO prints on ebay at a lower promotional rate for the duration of the auctions...  This month, my theme is myths and fairytales, you may see them here.

Featured Image "Watchful Eyes"
8"x10" Open Edition print on Sale here
ACEO 2.5"x3.5" Limited Edition LE 1st of 25 on Sale here

I am linking this post with Inspire Me Monday
http://www.create-with-joy.com/

===================================================

Annie Stegg Gerard's Moonlit Vale Exhibit at the Gallery Nucleus Part I

Annie Stegg Gerard is on of my favorite contemporary artists, her artwork sings with magical realism and dazzling details.  I can get lost so very easily in her art.  Recently she launched her first coloring book "The Moonlit Vale" and has some of her ink illustrations, spot illustrations, and original oil paintings available at Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra.  If you're in the area, I highly recommend this show, the art is incredible.  Seeing her ink drawings and her paintings together is a rare treat.  Her solo show is in the upstairs part of the gallery.  If I could, I'd take all of her pieces home with me!  The coloring book is available in the bookstore portion of the gallery as well as online...   It is also available directly from the artist.

The Moonlit Vale at Gallery Nucleus
A Mythical Coloring & Art Book
by Annie Stegg Gerard
June 16, 2018 - July 8, 2018

For purchase information, email info@gallerynucleus.com
STORE 626.458.7482   
GALLERY 626.458.7477
Tuesday - Sunday : 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Monday : Closed
210 East Main St, Alhambra CA 91801

This is part I of II.  The show is OPEN until July 8th of 2018.  I will link part II here.  I intend to share all of her paintings from the show as well as some of her original ink drawings.

Here are some links for Annie Stegg Gerard.  If you enjoy Patreon, Annie's is amazing, she shares her process as well as videos of her painting.  She also sometimes does a drawing for original pieces.  I had the good fortune of winning her mermaid drawing, which I am looking forward to sharing when I've framed it.  I believe the next one will be a unicorn!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnieSteggFineArt/
https://www.patreon.com/AnnieSteggGerard/posts

http://www.gallerygerard.com/

Here is a group of Annie Stegg Gerard's small original VIGNETTE spot illustrations from her coloring book.

BEDTIME STORIES by Annie Stegg Gerard

NOCTURNAL GARDEN by Annie Stegg Gerard

TWIN OWLS by Annie Stegg Gerard

QUEEN BEE by Annie Stegg Gerard

QUEEN BEE Close Up by Annie Stegg Gerard

THE MERMAID by Annie Stegg Gerard

THE MERMAID Close Up by Annie Stegg Gerard

THE SERPENT by Annie Stegg Gerard

THE SERPENT Close Up by Annie Stegg Gerard

MOONLIT REVERIE by Annie Stegg Gerard

MOONLIT REVERIE Close Up by Annie Stegg Gerard


Whilst I have continued to sketch daily, I spent my time getting this ready and haven't had a chance to prep my sketches yet.  I'll try to get caught up on posting my daily sketches on Friday.

7 comments:

Christine said...

your painting is lovely, thanks for sharing Annie's beautiful art, I can see why you like her so much.

Jennifer Rose said...

happy 4th! :) have a great day :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy 4th of July Lisa! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Your painting is GORGEOUS!! Wow!! Truly beautiful!
And, I love Annie's art!! Truly wonderful! Congrats on winning one of her drawings!
Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your painting looks great.
Interesting to see some of Annie's art too.

Happy 4th July.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting is great. Love the beautiful illustrations from Annie. Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Wow this is a stunning piece of art. I think one of my favorites. What a fantastic exhibit. I wish I lived closer.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much!